Strange Pulp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange Pulp

Paranormal, sci-fi, pulp, and fantasy RP's. Also featuring short stories, art, and other strangeness.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cross the boarder refresher

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Faegir
Admin
Faegir

Cross the boarder refresher Empty
PostCross the boarder refresher

So, before anyone goes too far with anything I'd like to refresh people with what has happened to far with the game.

In our first case Cross the Boarder we are introduced to more than a few principle characters right off the bat. They are investigating an antique house that a well off family, the Huntington's, are trying to sell. It has undergone renovations recently expanding the house. A well respected newspaper in the area had an article a few months back claiming the house was haunted, making any potential buyers weary of placing a bid.

The reports of the hauntings go back to when the house was constructed in 1914. Shortly after it was built there was a story of either a murder or a suicide within the house. The death was of someone in the Huntington family and was believed to have happened in the second floor. Reports claim there have been floating lights, shadow figures and full figure apparitions in the upper and main floor, as well as the attic.

The apparitions are that of the long dead family, caught in a sort of replay of their actions. there are one or two spirits upstairs that are more "malicious" or active and will play tricks on the investigators. Their lives aren't in any sort of real danger.

Other reports say there are banging, people being touched, and one person being hit by a chair that seemed to fling itself in the basement. The team may or may not run into trouble, more likely they will if they go searching for it.

The team should look for other possible explanations other than the paranormal in this investigation to remain neutral in the matter. They should use recording gear like cameras, voice recorders, FLIR's, and other methods to determine what is actually going on in this house. If anything does show up their motto should be "investigate first" and defend themselves only if they need to. They should have radios to keep in contact with each other.

Also, keep in mind for your characters sake any damages is taken off of their bill.

=================================================================

Being the GM of a forum game is really hard, considering that there isn't much that I am in control of without letting you guys in on a lot of stuff. I've outlined what you need to do, and the only thing I can really suggest is have build-up in the story...don't put your characters in danger right away. I know we all want to see how bad-ass our characters are in a fight with the supernatural and paranormal...but ghosts and ghouls don't always show up when you want them too. Sometimes they don't show up at all.

If your character is already knee deep in something that you wrote yourself into, go ahead and make it a white rabbit lead. for instance, your character feels in danger and they aren't able to do much to save themselves...have it pass suddenly. Ghosts take energy from anything around them, heat, light, electrical currents, etc. They can't keep it up forever. Sometimes even saying something as simple as "hi" can't be heard with the human ear and can only be picked up on a recorded device (EVP).

We'll get to plenty of the creepy stuff in a bit. I promise.
Back to top Go down
https://strangepulp.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

Cross the boarder refresher :: Comments

No Comment.

Cross the boarder refresher

Page 1 of 1