Strange Pulp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange Pulp

Paranormal, sci-fi, pulp, and fantasy RP's. Also featuring short stories, art, and other strangeness.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How this will work part 1?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Faegir
Admin
Faegir

How this will work part 1? Empty
PostHow this will work part 1?

So I've been trying to work out how to do the forum posts on BTS, especially since we're gonna end up having multiple storylines, and so far this is what I have figured out:

1: Multiple threads.

Don't be scared. I want to make sure everyone has a fair chance to play and no character that should live isn't killed off because of inactivity. Some of the threads will go faster than others, but at some point I want to have all the first threads be cut off. Anything you didn't get to you can discuss with the people you were RPing with and come to a decision that "that" is what happened.

2: Three acts.

I'm certain everyone knows every play is done in three major acts. A few books do the same thing. I don't want to keep a story going and going if it has no meaning, so the first act of BTS is going to be "current" case files. Stuff your characters are investigating. an example of how to start off and name a thread is:

Named:

Case File 34452: "White Butterflies"

At the beginning of the first thread:

April 23, 2011
Randall Residence
investigation start 8:30 AM

And then you can begin the game however you like. And you don't need to keep saying "It's 9:30 now." unless it's relevant to the story. I would like to also encourage the use of stylization in your posts.

3: use of all the site's resources.

Use everything. If your characters have a phone convo that isn't privy to the rest of the group, do it through PMs. If they have email conversations, or if there's a side "adventure" that could impact the rest of the players that you don't want to reveal yet....feel free to explore that.

I'll start us off here soon with my main and we can get going.
Back to top Go down
https://strangepulp.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

How this will work part 1? :: Comments

No Comment.

How this will work part 1?

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Strange Pulp :: Admin's Corner :: Faegir's Blog-
Jump to: